School is Open
MSD of
Steuben County
Toggle Mobile Navigation

Claims Procedure


You must have a preapproved purchase order when purchasing any supplies, products, services, or registrations from an outside vendor. All Purchase Orders should be cleared by a Department Head, Building Principal and/or Building Secretary. All P.O.s must have a Principal’s signature on them to be processed. The secretary will type or enter the purchase orders as needed. Please check with your building secretary as to the procedure for checking in ordered items and payment of invoice. Any questions should be directed to your Principal or Building Secretary. 
Supply orders for ALL grants (including Professional Development) must be approved by the Curriculum Director and will be typed by the Curriculum Director's Administrative Assistant. Capital Projects orders must be approved by the Superintendent. All other P.O.s should be sent to the Assistant Treasurer at the Business Office.

Please click here for pdf Purchase Order Form (46 KB) .

The “Accounts Payable Voucher” form is to be used for reimbursement of travel expenses incurred at professional meetings or seminars. The form/claim must be turned in eleven days before the scheduled Board Meeting in order for it to be paid. Please include the following: date and place of meeting; original receipts for lodging, meals (all meal receipts must be detailed – listing out: iced tea, salad, etc.), parking; Mapquest from your school to your destination; and a copy of your professional leave form. Please sign where indicated and send to the Curriculum Director's Assistant at Central Office for coding and approval.
To be reimbursed for other items that you have purchased, fill out an “Accounts Payable Voucher” form. Have your Principal sign it and code it with the appropriate account number. Then send it to the Assistant Treasurer at Central Office for payment. You must have a detailed, itemized receipt for any purchase you wish to be reimbursed for. The form/claim must be turned in eleven days before the scheduled Board Meeting in order to be paid. Sales tax will not be reimbursed, since we are tax-exempt. If you need a tax-exempt certificate prior to purchasing items, please contact the Assistant Treasurer at the Central Office.

If you travel between schools or have travel in the county that is related to classes, please use the “Mileage Claim” forms specifically for this purpose. The following information should be included: dates of travel, starting and ending odometer readings or Mapquest printout, and places traveled to and from. Please sign and send to your Administrator for approval. These forms should be submitted on the last day of each month. MSD pays the standard IRS mileage rate.

  • Location